Coordinator of Volunteers
The Coordinator of Volunteers for Westfield Heritage Village will be an important part of a team working together to connect the community to meaningful natural and cultural experiences. The Coordinator of Volunteers will assist with recruitment, interviews, record keeping, training, scheduling, policy development and recognition of volunteers.
Policies and procedures
- Develop, administer, and review policies and procedures which guide the volunteer programs and services, and reflect the overall values of the organization, including meeting the standards of the Canadian Code for Volunteer Involvement
Volunteer Engagement & Management
- Identifying areas for quality improvement related to the Volunteer Program, and implement changes where appropriate
- Work with staff to provide an annual recognition event
- Ensure effective communications with volunteers through various media such as newsletters, Facebook, email, phone, cards etc.
Recruitment & Selection of Volunteers
- Assist in recruiting new volunteers with the right skills.
- Assist with the intake of potential volunteers including interviews, screening and orientation.
- Identify assignments that provide meaningful work for volunteers and update position descriptions in consultation with staff as appropriate.
Training & Scheduling
- Assist with orientation & training for staff
- Assist with scheduling as required.
- Ensure volunteers are engaged and given meaningful tasks.
- Evaluate the risks associated with each volunteer position and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Assist in ensuring that volunteers work in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
Record keeping and Recognition
- Prepare an annual report on the contribution of the volunteer program to the organization and undertake various record keeping duties related to volunteer lists, statistics, forms etc.
- Assist with nominating volunteers for awards and community recognition
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in volunteer management certification, along with at least three to five years of experience in a supervisory role in volunteer services, with a successful track record of managing a large volunteer base in the 100 plus level with volunteers of all ages.
- Well developed project management skills to take on responsibility for programs and special projects and ability to work independently
- Experience in an historical museum setting is an asset
- Demonstrated skills using MS Office Suite and exposure to website support
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership and ability to foster teamwork
- Proven time management, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
This position will be based at Westfield Heritage Village, 1049 Kirkwall Rd, Rockton, ON. This position is a 40 hour work week with a Sunday to Saturday schedule that includes working weekends and holidays.
This is a contract position. Hourly rate will be $18.00 and 4% vacation pay will be added to each pay.
If you are interested in the opportunity to be the Coordinator of Volunteers at Westfield Heritage Village, please send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Christina Jager, Assistant Manager by 4pm Friday, April 19, 2019 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Interviews are anticipated to be scheduled in late April.